Adress: Columbiadamm 9-11, 10965 Berlin
In 1951, the US Air Force built a cinema on Columbia Dam for its soldiers stationed at Tempelhof Airport – the Columbia Theater. After the Allied troops have left the old cinema empty. After four years of closure, the hall opened in 1998 as the “Columbia-Fritz” of the Berlin youth radio station. The club was closed in June 2015. After the withdrawal of all craftsmen, monument protection officers, high-end technicians and architects, the “Columbia Theater” was reopened on 9 October 2015 under the new, old name and changed concept. More than in the past, COLUMBIA THEATER will be perceived and established as a space for concerts and club series in the indie, electronic, pop and retro segment.
For the Neufang, the city’s biggest rock promoters have joined forces: Thomas Spindler from Trinity and Axel Schulz from Loft Concerts. Norbert Döpp-Veidt (Berlin Concerts), who is already leading the Columbiahalle with Schulz. Managing Director Kristian Wolff (ZK Berlin). The owner and landlord of the house is still Schulz-Veidt GbR.