JKT025 – Dark & Stormy – Feel Me East Coast FT Joeski / Riki Inocente / Siwark & Hassio Remixes
Label Name: – Rejekt Music
Release Date: – Friday, May 27 2022
- FEEL ME EAST COAST – JOESKI MIX – A Main Room Tech House BOMB, leaning close towards Techno but House elements & use of the original vocals tip it into Tech House territory. Expertly executed as you would expect from a man of Joeski’s pedigree, it’s multi layered keeping the listener engaged without ever sounding too busy.
- FEEL ME EAST COAST – CLUB DUB – Timeless deep US House, lush chords & sporadic vocals sit atop a warm & groovy as heck bassline as various hits & intermittent strings keep things interesting. Definitely one for the heads.
- FUQ WITH IT – RIKI INOCENTE REMIX – Rejekt Music favourite, Riki continues to do what we’ve come to love with this his 4th outing for us. His mix builds around warm enveloping bass & tight crisp drums with dubbed out vocals as he employs an ever-present string adding an almost ominous feel. It’s pure dance floor & that’s for sure.
- FUQ WITH IT – ORIGINAL – Dark & Stormy brings another finely executed timeless House jam, this time however, there’s a distinctly old school synth line driving the track while ethereal vocals, warm stings & heavy claps all do their thing to lift it up and then ease it down into the breaks. Another one aimed for them heads.
- FUQ WITH IT – SIWARK & HASSIO REMIX – Continuing our ethos of also offering a platform for fresh talent, this time we welcome a Columbian duo. Siwark’s career spans 10 years’ elevating him to a global level, latterly leading to collaborations with rising talent Hassio, delivering deliciously rhythmic organic grooves, with warm inviting bass underpinning an added element of infectious South American flair.
- FEEL ME EAST COAST – ORIGINAL VOCAL MIX – Dark & Stormy’s original offering, made to be listened to in a variation of settings as opposed to the stripped-back bass heavy growler that is the Club Dub.
- THE CUT – Probably Dark & Stormy’s strongest dance floor cut. Deep throbbing driving bass, snappy crunchy beats, old school vocal samples with the trademark pads & strings meandering through the mix.
Record Sounds Like: US HOUSE, DEEP HOUSE, CHICAGO VIBES, TECH HOUSE, MAIN ROOM TRIBAL HOUSE & DRIVING TECHNO
2022’s first EP brings 7 jams perfect for spinning in the spring sunshine thanks to NYC’s Dark & Stormy (Hotfingers / Top Billing) with remixes from fellow NYC DJ Joeski (Pokerflat / Crosstown Rebels / King Street), Riki Incoente (Robsoul / Great Lakes Audio / Magnetic) & Columbia’s rising talents Siwark & Hassio (Nervous Records / Monique Music / Antura).
Dark & Stormy blends futurism, minimalism, and a return to mid-’90s sensibilities made for earbuds & clubs alike. After a few years playing in bands in 2009 he turned his hand to electronic music, attracting an small army of dedicated fans. To date tracks have resonated with revered artists Luigi Madonna, Laurent Garner, Kiki, Umek, Claude Von Stroke, Mikix the Cat, Roberto Clementi, Michel De Hey, Cristian Varela, Moodymanc, Richard Sen, along with radio stations including both Ibiza Sonica & Global, PBB Radio(FR), Rinse FM, Kiss FM (Worldwide), Datatransmission as well as one John Digweed’s Transitions Radio Show.