Label Name: – S&S Records Inc.
Release Date: – Thursday, May 13 2021
All press and coverage enquiries email – email@example.com
1. DJ Skip Feat. Howard Hewett, Carolyn Griffey – Don’t Go (Andrew Emil Main Vox)
2. CeCe Peniston, Steve Silk Hurley – He Loves Me 2 (Andrew Emil Main Vox)
3. Malik Yusef Feat. Kanye West, Common & JV – Wouldn’t You Like Ride (Andrew Emil Main Vox)
4. Syleena Johnson – Peace Pipe (Andrew Emil Main Vox)
5. DJ Skip, Fat V, Ron Carroll, Steve Silk Hurley, R.O.N.N – Big Dream (Andrew Emil Remix)
6. Anthony Poteat, DJ Skip, Steve Silk Hurley, Zonum – Reason (Andrew Emil Dreamix)
7. Jamie Principle – Baby Wants To Ride (Broadway & Wilson Vogue Down Remix)
8. Tommye, Jump Chico Slamm – I Need To Go Away (Andrew Emil Dreamix)
9. Tommye, Jump Chico Slamm – I Need To Go Away (Andrew Emil Shattered Pieces Mix)
10. Tommye, Jump Chico Slamm – I Need To Go Away (Change Request Introspection)
11. Roy Davis Jr. Feat. Terry Dexter – Magic (Andrew Emil Dreamix)
12. Christopher Williams, Carolyn Griffey, Steve Silk Hurley, DJ Skip, Zonum – You’re The One For Me (Andrew Emil Future Classic Mix)
13. Christopher Williams, Carolyn Griffey, Steve Silk Hurley, DJ Skip, Zonum – You’re The One For Me (Andrew Emil Dreamix)
Record Sounds Like: A mixture of the classic deep house sound of Masters At Work via a Chicago Strut—heavy on the US House Music Sound—scrambled up with a lot of infamous guest appearances, directed with a contemporary take on spiritual dance music.
S&S Records Chicago Presents | The Andrew Emil S&S Sessions
A preeminent artist of Chicago’s 3rd wave of House Music artists, Andrew Emil has been a respected fixture and familiar face in the vibrant and diverse music scene for two decades. A concert-trained percussionist since age 11, Emil earned a chair in his native Kansas City Symphony but eventually moved to Chicago in the late nineties.
Credited on over 100+ releases, as well as countless writing and engineering session work, Andrew has developed and produced a prolific catalog of releases on some of dance music’s most respected institutions, including OM Records, Seasons Recordings, Farris Wheel Recordings, Look At You, Panhandle, and Cafe Del Mar Music.
Emil’s sound reflects an eclectic and mature marriage of classic and contemporary elements of Chicago House, infused with the jazz and soul undercurrents that have been with him since his early days as a budding musician, keyboardist, and sound engineer.
The Andrew Emil S&S Sessions is the product of Emils’ decade-long relationship with the A&R team of S&S Records, GRAMMY® nominated producer Steve “Silk” Hurley and global DJ/Producer Shannon “DJ Skip” Syas. The full-length effort is a compilation of the remix work he has produced for the S&S Records catalog, showcasing their all-star cast of multi-platinum, GRAMMY® Award-Winning artists and legends of contemporary music.
This comprehensive compilation highlights Emil’s extensive remix work for the label, including main vocal mixes, dubs, and instrumentals, this collection features many mixes never released before, as well as the official premiere of his previously unreleased reworks for Malik Yusef, Kanye West, Common, JV, Steve Silk Hurley & CeCe Peniston, Roy Davis Jr. Feat. Terry Dexter, Jump Chico Slamm, and Tommye.
Andrew Emil takes on remix duties for a host of artists from Cece Peniston’s iconic record “He Loves Me 2”, which brought Steve Silk Hurley his second GRAMMY® Award nomination and Jamie Principle’s classic “Baby Wants To Ride”, to the multi-platinum GRAMMY® Award-winning combination of Malik Yusef, Common, Kanye West, and JV.
This compilation also sees him rework R&B music sensation Syleena Johnson’s “Peace Pipe”, and a mix of the international collaboration between Steve “Silk” Hurley, DJ Skip, Zonum, and Anthony Poteat for their effort, “Reason”. This collection features his modern anthem rework of members from the GRAMMY® Award-winning iconic musical group, Shalamar, featuring Howard Hewett, and Carolyn Griffey, with DJ Skip’s “Don’t Go”, and rounds it out with two versions of “You’re The One For Me” by Christopher Williams, Carolyn Griffey, Steve Silk Hurley, DJ Skip, and Zonum.
S&S Records, Inc. (and S&S Chicago, Inc.) was established in 2005 by 4-time GRAMMY® nominated producer Steve “Silk” Hurley and global DJ/Producer Shannon “DJ Skip” Syas. Merging Hurley’s worldwide commercial success and Syas’ strong global following, the dance label has become home to numerous musical greats and one of the most respected blogs on the internet.
Artist Quote – „“Looking back at this collection of work, I am very honored to have crossed paths with the two great men of music who are behind this deep catalogue of music with a spiritual reprieve, Silk & Skip from S&S Records Inc. The beauty in their musical curation is a true reflection of their dedication, and you won’t find two more supportive mentors and passionate partners out here than Steve & Shannon. Class Acts In Every Way.” – Ae „